Each scholarship contains a link to the appropriate website or application. If an application is only available in the guidance office, that is indicated in the description.
Click HERE to link to our Local Scholarships!
Any high school student can enroll in the Cappex $1,000 giveaway. Prizes awarded monthly.
Deadline: multiple monthly deadlines
College Prowler $2,000 No Essay Scholarship (Monthly)
The $2,000 “No Essay” Scholarship is open to all students and those planning on enrolling within 12 months. The monthly winner will be determined by random drawing and then contacted directly and announced on our Facebook page. One entry per person, but you can come back each month to try again.
Healthy Choices Scholarship
To be eligible for the Healthy Choices Scholarship you must be attending an accredited post-secondary institution by the fall of 2013. A student can be enrolled at any level in any program that is two years in length or longer. Additionally, students must be Canadian or U.S. residents.
Deadline: April 30th
Scholarship by Design Award
To be eligible for the Scholarship by Design $500 Award a student must:
Be currently attending school as a high school senior or as an undergraduate student on a full-time basis
Be a resident of either Canada or the United States.
Submit your "Scholarship Program Idea"
(A student must come up with a unique Scholarship Program idea that is aimed at high school and/or college students. The three most important aspects of the “Scholarship Program” that you come up with are:
1) That it is Unique – Don’t simply find another scholarship that you have heard of and copy it.
2) That it is Appealing – The more interested a student would be in applying to your “Scholarship Program” the better.
3) That it is Designed for a specific TYPE of Comapny - It is important to try and match up your "Scholarship Program" idea to a particular TYPE of business. For example, we recently launched a scholarship program for a company called Black and Lee (View Scholarship Program). Black and Lee rents tuxedo's for graduation. Thus, the scholarship essay the student is asked to write relates to this event (ie. graduation).
Note that the scholarship program idea you come up with does not have to ask the student to write an essay. You could ask them to make a video or build something or anything else you desire. Try and be creative)
Deadline: May 1st
Owens Comunity College- PSO Award
Candidate (seniors only) must be a Post Secondary Options student at Owens. Factors such as scholastic achievement, leadership qualities, self-reliance and attendance shall be considered. Applications must be picked up in the guidance office.
Deadline: Postmarked by May 3rd
Owens Community College- Tech Prep Scholarship
Owens Community College offers Tech Prep scholarships to graduating high school seniors who have participated in a Tech Prep career pathway within the Greater Northwest Ohio Tech Prep Consortium. The maximum award is $2,000 total ($1,000 per year) or $500 per semester for four semesters to cover tuition and fees that are not covered by other financial aid, such as the Federal Pell Grant, as long as the student maintains eligibility. This scholarship does not pay for books and supplies, lab fees, course fees, and other institutional fees.
To qualify for the Owens Community College Tech Prep Scholarship, students:
Must have earned a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 grading scale by the end of their 7th high school semester;
Enroll at Owens Community College for the fall semester immediately following high school graduation;
Enroll in at least 12 graded credit hours each semester (continuous full-time student enrollment in fall and spring semesters is required in order to continue receiving the scholarship);
Select an Associate’s Degree program related to the chosen high school Tech Prep career pathway;
Indicate the intent to obtain a certificate, or to obtain an associate degree for transfer to another college or for the job market;
Have instructional and general fee charges which are not being paid by other financial aid, such as the Federal Pell Grant.
Deadline: May 3rd
Italian American Sports Club
The essential qualifications are as follows:
1. Current high school senior intending to further his/her education.
2. Minimum 3.0 (4 point scale) GPA or equivalent.
3. Athletic achievement evidenced by award of at least one varsity letter.
4. A demonstrated financial need.
Deadline: May 15th
Applications Available in the Guidance Office or clicking the link below
LM Scholarship Program
The LM Scholarship Program provides a $1000 scholarship to a deserving student who is:
1. Currently enrolled or expects to be enrolled in a degree program (2 years of length or greater) by September.
2. A student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and submit an answer to the essay question prior to the submission deadline.
3. A student must be a US resident or a Canadian resident and must attend a school in Canada or US
Deadline: May 31, 2013
ROGERS COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER SCHOLARSHIP
PURPOSE :The main goal of the Rogers Community Volunteer Scholarship is to inspire young people to make contributions to their individual communities, while providing awards to those who are currently making a positive difference in their own neighborhoods, towns and cities.
1. To be eligible a student must be attending school full-time in the fall and can be enrolled in any level of their undergraduate degree program. High School seniors who will graduate this year are considered eligible. *Trades and Technical students must be attending a program that is at least 4 years in length.
2. A student must also possess a GPA of 2.5 or higher in his/her last academic year.
3. A student must have contributed at least 10 hours of volunteer (non-paid) service within his/her community over the last 12 months with one organization. Please ensure that you have completed this amount of hours with One organization and that a person within that organization is willing to confirm that you have volunteered this amount of time. (Note that we will only contact the organization in the event that you are chosen as the scholarship award winner.)
4. A student must be a resident of Canada or the United States and must attend a school in Canada or the United States.
Deadline: June 1, 2013
Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship Program
Our program offers a scholarship opportunity to high school seniors in the US. Scholarships will be awarded to a high school senior who:
Intends to pursue an animation related field at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
Has a demonstrable record of academic success.
Has a passion and drive for an animation and/or design related career.
Selection Criteria : Scholarships may be used at any accredited post-secondary school or college.
Selection is based on the students high school academic performance combined with the student's application essay.
Selection is determined by the AnimationCareerReview.com staff.
Scholarship is a one-year non-renewable scholarship.
Application and essay are submitted online at www.AnimationCareerReview.com.
A single $1000 scholarship will be awarded.
The scholarship is limited to high school seniors in the US pursuing an animation related degree program at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Animation related fields include, but are not limited to, the following programs:
3D Animation 3D Graphics Animation Cartooning Computer Animation Design
Digital Art Digital Design Digital Media Digital Video Graphic Design Electronic Art
Electronic Media Entertainment Art Film Game Animation Game Art Game Design
Game Development Game Management Game Production Illustration Interactive Design
Motion Graphic Design Multimedia Simulation Studio Art Virtual Modeling Visual Effects
Visual Communications Web Animation Web Design
Deadline: June 1
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. In order to do our part we are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. The student must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute.
How to Apply
Please send us a short essay answering the following 3 part question:
What are your most important extracurricular or community activities? What made you join these activities? What made you continue to contribute to them?
Deadline: June 21st